Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Making of the Photo Collage

Test Collages:




In this final test collage, I focused on the black and white versus color question. In the end, I decided to go with all black and white to create a more seamless final image and a surreal feel to the piece.

Making the Final Project:



When putting together the images for the final collage, I quickly discovered that this project was going to be larger than any traditional black foam board that I could purchase.



 I purchased a 4' by 4' sheet of cardboard and was left with a challenge of how to center the photos on the board and how to make the background black, in a well crafted and intentional way.





The process involved lots of newspaper and acrylic paint. In other words - a huge mess.





After the board was painted and dried, I started the long process of cutting, fitting and gluing the pictures together. The process involved a few extra trips to my location and to kinkos to print more photos and fill in the gaps.










No comments:

Post a Comment