Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Summary of the Photo Collage project

At the beginning of this project, I was very intrigued by the concept, however I could not fathom how we could make this work with both the limitations and the openness of the project. Choosing a location was one of the first biggest challenges, as we had no direction or theme to choose from. This was both intimidating and exciting for me.

After experimenting with several ideas, I finally decided on the Naismith Valley Park entrance and chose to focus on the signs in the scenery. During this stage of the project, one of the most challenging parts was going to the location at different times of the day and deciding which angle and perspective to take the photographs.
With each new stage in the process, as we added more photographs, it became more and more challenging to plan out how to take the photos in order to accomplish my vision. In the end, I had almost 400 pictures to narrow down to 75, which was a challenge to say the least.

Overall, I was very satisfied with my final project. I hoped to create an alternate reality, one in which, on first glance it appears that the collage is a almost real photograph. After closer view, you can see that the photograph is actually a collection of various photographs taken at different times of the day and rearranged to show signs in odd locations.

Final Collage:

No comments:

Post a Comment