Monday, October 24, 2011

Reflection on lecture by photographer, Travis Shaffer.

One particular quote mentioned by the speaker really struck me: "People are compelled to take photos. We live our lives through photographs, experience through the camera, not a part from it. We replace experience with images of experience."

As a person who loves to take pictures, this quote that the speaker mentioned really got me thinking. There are various reasons that I take pictures. Memories, fun, documentation for work or school, or even as another creative venue to express myself or what I'm seeing. Although I enjoy taking pictures, sometimes it can be stressful, as it can take away from the experience. Many times, I'm torn between simply letting my eyes take in what I'm seeing, and taking the time to document the experience so I can have memories to look at later.

No comments:

Post a Comment